Terms & Conditions
Pestle & Mortar Ltd. is a company registered in and operating from the Republic of Ireland. Our registered address is Unit W8E Ladytown Business Park, Naas, Co. Kildare, W91 EK88, Ireland. Our registration number is 567950. Our VAT number is 3383669JH. If you have any comments about Pestle & Mortar, you can email us at email@example.com
Pestle & Mortar complies with Irish and UK consumer law including the Distance Selling Regulations. This means that shopping with Pestle & Mortar is safe. You won’t get ripped off, you’ll get your items and we’ll sort out any problems you have. By visiting our website you accept and agree to the content of these Terms and Conditions. Our Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Our online ordering system uses a cookie to record a unique reference on your computing device so that we can keep track of your order as you use the system. This cookie, that’s saved to your system, is only valid for a single visit and each new visit will result in a new cookie overwriting any previous records that were generated on previous visits to our site.
If your internet browser is set to reject cookies or if your network firewall won’t allow them then unfortunately you won’t be able to use our online store.
Please refer to your internet browser’s help section to see how to enable cookies on your computing device. In order that we can monitor and improve the site we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser, version and the website that you visited prior to our site. This may involve the use of a cookie that will not expire at the end of your browsing session.
OWNERSHIP OF INFORMATION
Pestle & Mortar creates all the pictures and descriptions for the website. This information is copyright of Pestle & Mortar and may not be used by any other party without express permission of Pestle & Mortar. The Pestle & Mortar website is provided for use only for viewing by an end user. Taking of any content or prices by automated processes, such as spidering, will be deemed as a breach of copyright and is expressly forbidden except where specifically agreed with Pestle & Mortar or where Pestle & Mortar has expressly requested the process.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
We put a lot of time and effort into describing and photographing the products we sell using our own photography studio. The descriptions of the goods are our own, written by our dedicated copywriter.
Although we aim so that every picture and description is 100% accurate, mistakes do occur so let us know if you see or read something that isn’t correct. If you’ve purchased something based on a picture or description on the website which turns out to be incorrect we’ll happily replace or refund the product.
If we decide to change our Terms and Conditions, we’ll post the changes on this page so that you’re always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it.
Pestle & Mortar disclaims damages of any kind, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties implied or otherwise relating to use of this site.
When placing an order you agree that all the information given is accurate and complete. You will receive an acknowledgement email confirming receipt of your order and an Order ID: this email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order.
By placing an order, you make an offer to us to purchase the products you have selected. We may or may not accept your offer at our discretion. If we cannot accept your order we will contact you by email and shall refund any amount already paid to us. We will always make every effort to supply you with the products listed in your order confirmation.
All prices listed on www.pestleandmortar.com are correct at the time of entering. Your credit card or debit card will be charged at the point of purchase unless your items are pre-order items in which case we will not charge your credit or debit card until the items are back in stock and ready to be dispatched.
If a genuine error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product that was advertised at an incorrect price. In the event that you order an item and the price published on www.pestleandmortar.com is incorrect for any reason, we will email you to inform you that we have not accepted your order, and shall refund any amount already paid to us.
Since our goods are sourced and shipped from all over the world our prices are subject to fluctuations in currency and global air and sea freight rates. For these reasons, a product that sells out may appear at a higher price when it comes back into stock. By the same token if we can land a product cheaper we will pass the cheaper price on to you.
Gift cards can be purchased online at Pestle & Mortar websites ONLY.
The purchase of a gift card is deemed to be complete at the time you receive an order confirmation, at your nominated email address.
Gift cards are non-refundable and may not be exchanged for cash
Gift cards may not be purchased using “buy now, pay later” payment methods.
Gift cards are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities, They are not reloadable and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash, a discount, or anything else.
Gift cards may not be purchased in conjunction with any offer unless otherwise stated.
Redemption is valid online at the Pestle & Mortar website of the country of issue.
To redeem the value on a gift card, enter the unique gift card code at the online cart or checkout.
Gift cards do not expire and can be used in multiple transactions.
You can check your gift card balance here.
The value on a gift card includes VAT/GST.
If you make a purchase using the gift card for an amount that exceeds the gift card balance, you must pay the excess amount using another payment method.
You can combine the balances of multiple gift cards to complete a purchase.
Our gift card returns and refund policy complies with EU distance-selling regulations (2000), which outlines your rights to cancel your order.
Returning a product purchased with a gift card – All refunds will be processed via the original payment method. If you would like to return a product that was purchased using a Pestle & Mortar gift card, your refund will be credited in the form of another Pestle & Mortar Gift Card. A Pestle & Mortar gift card has no expiry. Cost of delivery, if any, will not be included in the refund.
Refunds will be paid within 30 days of receiving the written notice of cancellation.
To the extent permitted by law, our liability is limited to replacing faulty gift cards. We will not replace any lost or stolen gift cards, or gift cards damaged.
If your gift card is lost or stolen, you should immediately contact us so we can cancel the gift card. This does not oblige us to replace your lost or stolen gift card.
We are not liable to you or anyone else, for any losses suffered or incurred, due to a delay in delivery of your gift card.
We reserve the right to cancel any gift card for any reason and at any time, without notice to you. If we do so, we will provide you with a refund or a replacement gift card, equal to the balance on the cancelled gift card, unless the reason for cancellation was for suspicions of fraud or illegal activity.
Pestle & Mortar reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
If you have a query about a gift card order, please contact our Customer Care team on +353 1 486 6240 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your statutory rights are not affected.
- This competition is promoted by Pestle & Mortar (we, us or our).
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and any other reference to this Competition, these Terms prevail.
- The Competition:
- ends at 12pm IST on 14th February 2022.
- The Competition is open to our followers worldwide, aged 18 years and over at the time of entry.
- Employees and contractors of Pestle & Mortar are ineligible to enter.
HOW TO ENTER
This Competition is a game of chance. Skill plays no part. To enter the Competition, you must, during the Promotion Period:
- Like the competition image
- Follow @pestleandmortarcosmetics on Instagram;
- Tag the person you’d give this to and tell us why you think they deserve some LOVE
- You need an Instagram account to enter the Competition.
- Entrants must continue to follow @pestleandmortarcosmetics for the full duration of the Promotion Period.
- Entrants who follow @pestleandmortarcosmetics to enter the competition and immediately unfollow, will be disqualified.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- We will not accept entries submitted after the end of the Promotion Period.
- The time of each entry will be the time and date displayed on your Instagram entry.
- We may, at any time:
- verify the validity of entries and entrants (including your identity, age and place of residence); and
- disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these Terms or who otherwise tampers or interferes with the entry process.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be invalid at our discretion.
- We are not responsible for incorrect, incomplete, late or misdirected entries.
- If there is a dispute as to your identity or details, we reserve the right to determine your identity or details and our determination is final.
- There will be 5 winners.
- The winners will be randomly drawn.
- We will conduct the draw:
- at our office at Unit W8E Ladytown Business Park, Naas, Co. Kildare W91EK88 (Office Premises)
- at 12pm IST on 14 February 2022
- We may draw additional valid reserve entries and record them in case:
- an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn; and
- we elect to draw on the reserve entries.
- The winner will be notified after 12pm IST on 14 February 2022 by:
- direct message on Instagram; and
- announcement posted on the @pestleandmortarcosmetics Stories platform.
- It is your responsibility to notify us in writing if your contact details change.
- The names, entries and Instagram handles of the winner and runner-up may be published on our websites and social media pages, and in any other promotional material that we consider relevant. By entering the Competition, you consent to us publishing your details, including your social media handle.
- Our draw is final.
- We will be giving away 5 pieces of our limited edition LOVE themed brightening kit, to 5 individual winners.
- Prize values are based on the recommended retail prices in Ireland on 9th February 2022. We accept no responsibility for any change in prize value on the date the prize is redeemed.
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
- To claim the prize, respond to the Instagram direct message with your full name, email address, phone number and nominated delivery address.
- The prize must be claimed as offered within 3 days of the winner’s announcement and is subject to product availability.
- A prize is not transferable, saleable or redeemable as cash, credit or equivalent.
- You must comply with all terms and conditions of use of the prize.
- We own all entries, including any Intellectual Property Rights comprised in the entries and their content.
- You are responsible for the entry you submit, including its content (such as text, images, photos and videos) and any accompanying comments.
- We are not liable in any way for your entry to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We may remove or delete any entry without notice for any reason whatsoever.
- You warrant and agree that:
- you will not submit any entry that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that we could reasonably consider to be in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- you will obtain prior written consent from any person that appears or is reasonably identifiable in your entry before submitting it;
- your entry does not contain viruses and will not cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
By entering this Competition, you consent to us:
- Using your name and likeness in any media, worldwide, for an unlimited period for promotional purposes without payment to you, including for the purposes of promoting this Competition.
- If you wish to access, or for us to update, correct or delete, your Personal Information or information in your entry, contact us using the details below.